Wednesday, November 7, 2007

sometimes you just have to laugh...

tomorrow im going to the uk. paris one day, scotland and ireland five days each. im pretty jazzed, this is the part of the trip ive been looking forward to the most!
i cant even describe really how pumped i am.

which is not at all why i got on to blog.
tonight i was coming home from town and i decided to walk the one stop from the u-bahn to the grocery store because it would end up being faster than waiting for the tram yeah?
its winter here already, no snow but only about three hours of sun a day. it was five but already dark out and the wind was gusting and it was freezing and wet and i was buried as deep in my coat as i could possibly be, my chin tucked almost to my chest.
a really big gust of wind came and i curled a little more.... and ran right into a huge box suspended from the wall of the building i was walking beside! it clipped me right in between my chin and my chest and it snapped me sideways. i had a lot of momentum though- it was cold out and i wanted to get to the spar!- and when i hit the first time it spun me and i hit my shoulder on the corner and fell on the ground, bags and purse flying.
i got up really fast and looked around i didnt see anyone which was quite a feat actually considering the time, and i collected my stuff and straightened up and stared right into the eyes of this old man standing not five feet away from me, hand on his open car door with literally, his mouth hanging open. i was so close to getting away with it! i just smiled at him and walked off really fast....

oh man. sometimes you just have to laugh...