Monday, November 5, 2007

misc happenings

so three stories:

my family sent me a package a couple weeks ago and my dad sent me a huge spam shirt that i now where to bed and breakfast. i always get teased by the cooks ((who, besides the two other students who eat breakfast everyday, are the only people who have viewed me in the lovely shirt)) and today at breakfast they gave me a tiny tin of european spam. its processed meat in a tin that you spread onto your bread at breakfast. non refrigerated meat. awesome. i keep it on my desk so that im sure to smile when i walk in my room. if the tin doesnt do it the bon jovi magazine advert my mom sent me that is plastered to my wall. i listen to bon jovi in the shower really loud, some things dont change no matter what continent youre on! not the new cd though...


also i got a package from a family from church back home! i was slightly embarrassed i wont lie when i pulled out the sunday comics, some strawberry candies and a bright orange panties. oh yes. at lunch. but they are very cute and i am glad i have them. they are definitely coming on my uk excursion! thanks so much duffys!


one last thing before i go to lunch. in class today we were discussing overarching ideas throughout different things and westerns came up... hows theres a good guy and a bad guy and a shootout every time. our teacher said, "this one might be harder to think of because there hasnt really been a western out in a long time..."
and a girl sitting in my row goes
"umm, brokeback mountan?" the teacher decided that maybe that wasnt the best example. and thats about when class fell apart for me. my face hurt from laughing so hard!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Now we are a 2 SPAM shirt family. Jarrod has a bright yellow one and wore it to school. SPAM lovers came out of the woodwork. What a hoot!

savannah. said...

i feel as though a monty python would be apropriate now...

Anonymous said...

savannah check your email,
love you,

Anonymous said...

yeah i wore that shirt and just our luck in english we had a mad lib. Somehow yellow kept appearing as the most popular adjective....wonder why..lol