Thursday, August 9, 2007

T minus...

Only three weeks left until I leave for Oklahoma Christian! My friend who is graduating this year from OCU is letting me stay with her for the week we're on campus which is nice because I can do laundry and relax and catch up with her. So the last planning hurdle before we leave for overseas is done.

Not that I'm completely ready though! My Mom and I went shopping last night for little things- I finally chose a backpack! Now she's watching Guarding Tess. It's a nice background to have while writing. I mention my Mother to say two things: first that I love her. And second that I don't think that I would be motivated to be in college if it weren't for her. She lets me call her all the time, even now that I'm home and talk about school. Or whatever else I need to vent. So thanks Mom. I'm stressful to shop with apparently but she did it anyway. Lovely woman, my Mother.




It's been weird having all my friends talk about going back to campus and all the stuff they are going to buy for their apartments while I essentially pack an entire semester into a carry on suitcase.

Some of the advice on traveling overseas is to put everything on a bed that you intend to take and then put half of it back. Isn't that the craziest thing?!?! I'm such an overpacker so I'm making my Mom hold me accountable. Actually I'm more of a panic packer. At the last minute I freak out that I might not have what I need and then I cram useless stuff into my bag. Regardless packing is going to be nuts! But I'm excited. I bought a new toothbrush, and I'm not using it until the trip. Something else to look forward to!

No comments: