Friday, August 31, 2007

SEPTEMBER 1

im nineteen!
this is my first birthday alone... i miss my family.

in celebration my pseudo-roommate took me to see the oklahoma city bombings memorial. and my other roommate gave me a fudge bar. and her boyfriend told me he actually doesnt dislike me at all like hes been telling me all week when he sees me.
in totality its been a lovely start to a lovely day.
i dont feel any older.



fun fact: my mom has told me for my whole life that i was born at 318. and then last year i was putting my baby ornament on the tree that has my legnth and weight and time of birth and guess what?!?! i was born at 338. how lame.
i still say i was born at 318. which means its my birthday in a little over an hour and a half! yay!




also, at 800 we leave for the dallas international airport ((which is the only place ive been bitten by a bug since 2000)) and at 1620 our plane takes off and ill be on my way!

ill have been nineteen for more than twelve hours by then. im certain ill feel much older.

3 comments:

pococ charley said...

hey hey, up, up, and way up in the sky. So your Oklahoma sojourn is completed and what lies ahead? I know what lies ahead, here are some clues; if you are HUNGARY for a FRANFURTer YUGO(SLAVIA) or BOLGNA would be NICE, but CZECH and ensure you don't get BERNt.

Take care and we think of you daily!

Jamie said...

happy 19!! It sounds like a nice bday! Plus, you're going to Europe, good present! Did you like (for lack of a better word) the bombing memorial? It was very emotional for me. Wait till you go to a concentration camp... It's kind of life changing.

Jamie said...

p.s. I was watching 13 going on 30 (no, I know) yesterday and the billy joel song is in it