Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday.

Today was our first day of no classes in a while.. very nice.

I went shopping and finished up seeing the required places we have to go to. I bought pb&j and ate it at this quiet church close to the center of town. its really quite amazing actually, this church. two blocks away is the largest tourist site in the city and theres a u stop in the courtyard and yet, even on a saturday, there was no one there. people pass by a street away and dont even look up. the sound from the streets dampen and the sun reflects off the windows making it brighter and the wind blows the leaves around the old corners. i love it. the inside has a moasic commissioned by napoleon, fun fact.

after i went to the church i was wandering around on my way back to a more central street and i walked through this large crowd of people going into a small glass double door. i thought it was.. i dunno, a free taste test or something so i went in, you never know yeah? and so i go in and mingle and i cant figure out whats going on and then the music starts and everyone sits down. and so i sit down. turns out its a wedding! so i got to see an austrian wedding from the sixth row. it was very fun. there was a kiss at the end and everything.


its the weekend so the city was more crowded than usual- street performers and shopping crowds and me. in vienna everyone takes their dogs with them everywhere ((have i told this story already? i feel like i have.)). its so fun! theyre well behaved and well groomed and quiet and big. almost everyone has big dogs. i like it a lot. my poor dog would go crazy... its probably better that he has acres to run on at home! my mom called me while i was putting away my stuff from being out today- what a coincidence! i was really glad that i caught her though. i love my mom and terry and dingo... i love my brother too but he hasnt emailed me once on this trip! what is that?!? my mom told me today that the hamm radio class he was supposed to take ((how random yeah?)) got canceled and now hes in weightlifting. so hes going to be super buff when i come home.


this is what i could see of minoritenkirche ((kirche mean church in german)) from the bench i was laying on today.



this is my puppy at home. and jarrod, making a crazy face.

No comments: