Tuesday, December 18, 2007

the great affair.

Last post.
So weird...

I've put off this post for nearly a week. Not because it is the ending of the trip, but simply because I'm not sure how to wrap everything up neatly.
Isn't life wonderful?
Even though my trip is over it's not done changing me.
I love Europe. I love nearly everything about it: the way it moves and speaks and even the way it smells when it doesn't smell great. And I love America in all its familiarity and drive.

I'm a little nervous about getting back into the swing of school.
I'm a little nervous about friends and jobs and money- because, hey, I'm a nineteen year old girl.
And mostly I'm nervous that I'll forget that spirit that said, "Get up! Today is not just another day! It is a chance to see, and to experience something significant!" Because the day-to-day will be overwhelmingly day-to-day if you let it be.
But then I remember.

LIFE IS WONDERFUL.
I know it will be hard to be content sometimes, but it'll be alright.
I'm not worried.







"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."
:Robert Louis Stevenson

2 comments:

RoniZee said...

Thanks for tracking your trip for us. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your thoughts and your adventures. You rock my world.

Anonymous said...

I just googled images of the Schloss and found your blog.